We’re the UK’s leading manufacturer of decorative surfaces and laminate worktops, making more than 100,000 each month. Based in Shildon, County Durham, we’ve been going since the early nineties, but our history goes much farther back.
We’re proudly part of Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces, driven by a mission to create surfaces people love, with service they can count on, delivered by people who care.
Together we’ve enjoyed 60 years of innovation, design and production of beautiful surfaces with no intention of slowing down. Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces was grown from a little company called Ralph Wilson Plastics founded in Temple, Texas, USA in 1956. The rest, as they say, is history.
To carry out technical validations for existing and or new products for Technology and Innovation and Quality departments
· Lead and assist trials in manufacturing for new and existing products
· Perform technical measurements, tests and application trials, in line with British and European regulations (EN 438)
· Organise raw material sourcing
· Work with planning department with scheduling of trials
· Flexibility to travel between business units, customers and suppliers
· Support UK T&I leader
· Line support for operations and quality with root cause analysis
Knowledge and Experience
· Good written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
· Ability to work using own initiative and be proactive
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Willingness to learn new techniques and technologies
· Strong self-motivation
· Conscientious and flexible
· Broad knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Knowledge of inks, surface coatings, dispersion systems
· A basic understanding of statistical process control
· A basic understanding of design of experiment
Wilsonart Ltd | Lambton Street Industrial Estate, Shildon, County Durham, DL4 1PX | email@example.com